Monday, June 11, 2012

Kiersten Vorheis for Tibbits Summer Theatre

Hello Tibbits Opera House fans.  It is about that time that our summer theatre will begin.  My name is Kiersten Vorheis, I have been an actor at Tibbits for several years now.  I began my first summer in 2005 along side my husband, Paul Kerr, another Tibbits alumni, and have returned the summers of '06, '07 and '10.

I am about to begin my 5th summer as an actor here in the magical place known as Tibbits, in Coldwater, MI.  There is just something about this place, for many of us, a home away from home, where we are free to explore, create great art, and feel like we can really "work."  Often I feel like I did back in college, at Indiana University Bloomington's Theatre Program.  Here at Tibbits, you have to give your all and act from the gut.  The work here is as much about the process as the product, which is a rare and welcomed thing these days in professional theatre.

I consider myself one of the "lucky ones."  I have had the great opportunity, since graduating from IU, to make my living performing in theatres all over the country, and on a few National Tours as well.  I now am based out of the Louisville, KY area, but continue to work throughout the country as well. 

This year, I am returning to Tibbits after just finishing CHURCH BASEMENT LADIES, playing Mavis the "Hot Flash Queen," in Dickson, TN at the Renaissance Center's Gaslight Dinner Theatre. It was a "hoot" and a "holler!"

Take a look at our Broadway World review here.

Throughout the summer, I will be posting clips from our Tibbits Summer Theatre rehearsals, interviews of cast and crew, along with write ups about our upcoming shows.  We have some very exciting projects ahead of us this summer at Tibbits!  

We hope to see all your smiling faces in the audience, and don't forget to stick around for our talkbacks or outside the theatre after our performances to say "hi."  We love to meet our audience members as you like to meet us, and I promise we don't bite...much.  Thank you for your continued support of live theatre, see you at the show!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment