Friday, July 22, 2011

In the Office Part II

Paige, again. The rest of my first week at Tibbits was just as good as the beginning. I've worked in the box office with Jackson twice since Steve showed me the ropes on Wednesday morning. The first was for opening night of "Out of Order," which was a great success. I was fortunate enough to get the chance to sit in on a rehearsal and the matinee for this show. It was absolutely hilarious. The actors did an amazing job, as did the tech crew. I don't know that I have ever heard such genuine laughter coming from an audience before. I highly suggest you come to see the show! I also worked in the box office for this morning's Popcorn Theatre show, "Sleeping Beauty." I didn't get to see this show, but I know the kids were all smiling when they were exiting the theatre.

At the matinee for "Out of Order" yesterday I also job shadowed one of the house managers to get a feel for what they do. The house manager, as well as all of the ushers, were extremely kind and helpful. They taught me about the house seating and even let me seat a few people on my own. Then at intermission they showed me the small concession stand downstairs in the art gallery, along with the gift shop. After the show was over, I joined the ushers in helping to pick up any trash and programs that had been left behind.

Finishing up the week, I helped with some smaller things, like fundraising mail. I also finished up gathering info on the acts that will be booked during the winter season. All in all, my experience here at Tibbits has been wonderful; far better than I ever imagined. I've learned so much from so many amazing people in the past five days. In fact, it was so great that I've decided to stay and work another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment